Building Community and Stabilizing Neighborhoods Team Habitat is a partnership between Cumberland County Habitat for Humanity and your group or organization, building community and stabilizing neighborhoods…one family at a time!
Team Habitat is specially designed for corporate organizations, community organizations and groups of all kinds to come together for a day of team building. A combination of volunteer hours and financial contributions doubles your group’s impact. By the end of a Team Habitat day, we hope that your group will be connected with each other and with the community in a truly unique way. The satisfaction that comes from working with your hands, our partner families, and our staff, will leave your group motivated and exhilarated.
Team Habitat Overview:
Team Habitat groups help build or renovate homes in Cumberland County for new Habitat homeowners.
Volunteer group and Team Habitat days are scheduled for Fridays or Saturdays if available and upon reservation.
The group is expected to volunteer from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the designated build day with an hour break for lunch.
We work with 8-12 volunteers on one house. If your group is larger, please contact us for additional volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old in order to participate.
No prior construction experience is necessary. Habitat will provide tools, safety equipment and building materials. We ask volunteers to bring their own water and lunches. Team Habitat groups are recognized on our Facebook page.
Team Habitat FAQs 1. What is the financial commitment our group is expected to contribute? We ask that each of our Team Habitat groups set a minimum goal to contribute $750-$1,000 per workday. Your financial contribution will support the build/renovation with construction materials, tools and other necessary supplies.
2. Do we have to have experience? No previous construction experience is necessary.
3. How many volunteers can we bring? Our build or renovation projects can accommodate between 8-12 individuals. If your group is larger than 12 individuals, if available we can arrange multiple sites or days to accommodate the size of your group.
4. Is there an age limit to volunteer on site? Yes, due to safety regulations, individuals under the age of 16 are not permitted on site. Those individuals 16-17 years of age, will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and will have limits in the types of tasks that they are permitted to do.
5. Do we bring our own lunch? Yes. This could mean that each individual brings a bag lunch, or you can coordinate for lunch to be delivered to the group on site. The lunch break is typically at noon.
6. Do we need to bring our own tools? No, Habitat will provide all necessary tools.
* All of our sites require hard hats, safety glasses and gloves, all of which we will provide for you. However, you are more than welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
7. What should we wear? Wear sturdy, closed toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, be aware that some of the work may be outdoors, so dress appropriately for the weather.
8. What do we do when we arrive on site? We ask that each individual arrive promptly and is prepared to begin. After signing in, the House Leader will lead you in a brief orientation, go over safety requirements, and the day’s tasks.
* Each individual will need to fill out a Volunteer Waiver. The waiver is valid for the calendar year in which it is completed.
All rights reserved. "Cumberland County Habitat for Humanity®" is a registered service mark owned by Habitat for Humanity of Cumberland County New Jersey. Habitat® is a service mark of Habitat for Humanity International. Cumberland County Habitat for Humanity® is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed.